Statement of Faith
We believe the Holy Scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be the verbally inspired Word of God, the final authority for faith and life, inerrant in the original writings, infallible and God-breathed (2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21; Matthew 5:18; John 16:12-13).
We believe in one Triune God, eternally existing in three persons — Father, Son, and Holy Spirit — co-eternal in being, co-identical in nature, co-equal in power and glory, and having the same attributes and perfection (Deuteronomy 6:4; 2 Corinthians 13:14).
The Person and Work of Jesus:
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal Son of God, became man, without ceasing to be God, having been conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary, in order that He might reveal God and redeem sinful men (John 1:1,2,14; Luke 1:35).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ died on the cross for all mankind as a representative, vicarious, substitute sacrifice; and, that the sufficiency of this atoning sacrifice to accomplish the redemption and justification of all who trust in Him is assured by His literal, physical resurrection from the dead (Romans 3:24-25; 4:25; Ephesians 1:7; 1 Timothy 4:10; Hebrews 2:9; 1 Peter 1:3-5; 2:24; and 2 Peter 2:1).
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ ascended to heaven, and is now exalted at the right hand of God, where, as our High Priest, He fulfills the ministry of Representative, Intercessor, and Advocate (Acts 1:9, 10; Hebrews 9:24; 7:25; Romans 8:34; 1 John 2:1-2).
The Person and Work of the Holy Spirit:
- Supernatural Agent in regeneration, baptizing all believers into me body of Christ, indwelling and sealing them unto the day of redemption (John 16:8-11; 2 Corinthians 3:6; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; Romans 8:9; Ephesians 1:13-14).
- We believe that He is the Divine Teacher who guides believers into all truth; and, that it is the privilege and duty of all the saved to be filled with the Spirit (John 16:13; 1 John 2:20, 27;
We believe that man was created in the image and likeness of God, but that in Adam's sin the race fell, inherited a sinful nature, and became alienated from God; and, that man is totally depraved, and, of himself, utterly unable to remedy his lost condition (Genesis 1:26-27; Romans 3:22-23; Ephesians 2:1-3,12).
We believe that salvation is the gift of God brought to man by grace and received by personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, whose precious blood was shed on Calvary for the forgiveness of our sins (Ephesians 2:8-9; John 1:12; Ephesians 1:7; 1 Peter 1:18-19).
- We believe that the Church, which is the body and the espoused bride of Christ, is a spiritual organism made up of all born-again persons of this present age, from the day of Pentecost (Acts 2) to the rapture (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18). In the ages to come this body of believers will bear testimony to the exceeding riches of God’s grace (Ephesians 1:22, 23; 2:7; 5:25-27; 1 Corinthians 12:12-14; 2 Corinthians 11:2).
- We believe that the establishment and continuance of local churches is clearly taught and defined in the New Testament Scriptures (Acts 14:27; 20:17, 28-32; 1 Timothy 3:1-13; Titus 1:5-11).
- We believe in the autonomy of the local church free of any external authority or control (Acts 13:1-4; 15:19-31; 20:28; Romans 16:1, 4; 1 Corinthians 3:9, 16; 5:4-7; 1 Peter 5:1-4).
- We believe in the ordinances of believer’s baptism by immersion, and the Lord’s supper as
scriptural means of testimony for the church age (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:41, 42; 18:8; 1 Corinthians 11:23-26).
We believe in the pretribulational and premillennial return of Christ for His church (1 Thessalonians 4: 14-17; 1 Corinthians 15:52). That following this, Christ will return in glory to set up His Millennial Kingdom on earth (Matthew 24:27-30; Zechariah 14:4; Like 1:33 Revelation 19:11-16).